A TIME TO REFLECT
As the year comes to a close, it’s natural to reflect on the past 12 months. This year has been filled with challenges and changes that have affected all of us in someway. Taking the time to look back on the year can be a useful exercise in self-reflection, gaining perspective, acknowledging accomplishments, and identifying areas for growth in the new year.
- What are you most proud of?
- What did you learn about yourself?
- What are 3 words to describe this year?
- What was the most challenging part of this year for me?
- In what area do I feel I’ve made my biggest improvements?
THE BENEFITS OF SELF REFLECTION
“Being self-aware and gaining self-insight through the act of reflection is connected with higher levels of resilience and lower levels of stress . In this way, introspective reflection aids in personal growth (MSEd, 2023).”
MSEd, K. C. (2023, April 4). Introspection and How It Is Used In Psychology Research. Very well Mind. https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-introspection-2795252
- What lessons will you take with you into next year?
- What behaviors do you want to leave behind?
- What goal can you set for yourself in the next 30 days?
CorpCare’s Employee Assistance Program is here to help you and your family as you navigate life’s challenges. For confidential, caring, professional assistance 24/7, call today.